Ricards Cacurs is researcher of Electronics and Computer Science. Ricards has been working in EDI since year 2013. Graduated Riga Technical University (Riga, Latvia) where in year 2013 got masters degree with excellence in Electronic engineering. Currently is studying in Latvian University, computer science doctors degree program. Main research ares involve wearable system development with applications in medicine, quality of life improvement, sport etc. Has experience in computer vision and artificial intelligence areas for industrial process automation. Main competences involve areas such as: sensor systems; inertial sensor system development; inertial sensor data processing; digital signal processing; computer vision; machine learning; automation; cyber-physical systems; digital interfaces; Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy communication in application level. Knowledgeable in multiple software development languages/environments/tools: C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, Kotlin, Android, CUDA. Participates in research project proposal preparation on national and international level.
Participation in projects
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (GUDPILS) #SRP (VPP)
- Smart City Technologies for Human Lives Improvements (ViPTeh) #ESIF
- Research project No 1.10: (Implementation of the research Nr.1.10. „Research on the reconstruction technology of the volumetric three-dimensional images” with economic activity related, delegated industrial research part “Transformation of the DICOM standard image data for the 3D spatial image display (3DAtA) #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
- Pētījums par datorredzes paņēmienu attīstību industrijas procesu norises automatizācijai (DIPA) #ESIF
- Frictionless Energy Efficient Convergent Wearables For Healthcare and Lifestyle Applications (CONVERGENCE) #Chist-era / Flag-era
- 3D shape sensing fabric (3D FABRIC) #ESIF
- Artificial Intelligence for Digitizing Industry (AI4DI) #H2020
- Vision, Identification, with Z-sensing Technology and key Applications (VIZTA) #H2020
The most important publications
- A. Hermanis, K. Nesenbergs, R. Cacurs, and M. Greitans, "Wearable Posture Monitoring System with Biofeedback via Smartphone", Journal of Medical and Bioengineering, (ISSN: 2301-3796), March 2013, Vol. 2, no. 1, pp.40-44, 2013
- A. Hermanis, R. Cacurs, K. Nesenbergs un M. Greitāns. "Efficient Real-Time Data Acquisition of Wired Sensor Network with Line Topology", 2013 IEEE Conference on Open Systems, 2-4 dec., 6lpp.
- HERMANIS, A., CACURS, R., GREITANS, M., 2015. Shape sensing based on acceleration and magnetic sensor system, 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Inertial Sensors and Systems (ISISS), 23-26
- SUDARS, K., CACURS, R., HOMJAKOVS, I., JUDVAITIS, J., 2015. LEDs based video camera pose estimation, Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Technical Sciences, Col. 64 No 4 2015, pp 897-905. Impact factor: 0.91.
- Bluetooth Low Energy Throughput in Densely Deployed Radio Environment
- Jānis Ārents, Ričards Cacurs, Modris Greitans, "Integration of Computervision and Artificial Intelligence Subsystems with Robot Operating System Based Motion Planning for Industrial Robots", Automatic Control and Computer Sciences Journal, Volume 52, Issue 5, 2018
- HERMANIS, A., CACURS, R., GREITANS, M., 2015.Acceleration and magnetic sensor network for shape sensing, IEEE Sensors Journal (Impact Factor 1.762)