- Name of the project: “Development of new electrical sound processing device for professional active acustic system with horn type speakers, by using high precision multi-band digital FIR filters and D-class amplifiers.”
- Partners: Ltd. “Square Audio”
- Aim of the project: Optimize the signal filtering scheme in an industrially feasible way to reduce the amount of computing resources required to implement an equalization filter.
- Developed technologies: Algorithmic method (technology) for audio DSP power reduction (optimization) using simultaneously different sampling frequencies for different frequency bands of the acoustic system.
- Results achieved: New knowledge has been gained on the simultaneous use of different sampling frequencies in audio signal processing – both for optimizing DSP power, with subsequent cost reduction in the production of industrial DSP products, and for wider use of D-Class amplifiers in the audio industry.
- R.Shavelis, K.Ozols, M.Greitans, “Optimization of Filtering Scheme for Reduction of Loudspeaker Distortions”, The 14th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference BEC2014, Tallinn, Estonia, Oct. 6-8.
- R.Shavelis, K.Ozols, “Design of FIR Decimation Filters with Low Group Delay for Audio Applications”, The 14th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference BEC2014, Tallinn, Estonia, Oct. 6-8.