M.Sc Ing Aleksandrs Levinskis – has joined EDI team in July 2017 and was mainly involved in AUTODRIVE project and SOPHIS KiFiS. He got his Master degree, as well engineer qualification at the Riga Technical University, Faculty of Electronics, Department of Transport Electronics and Telematics in 2013. Currently he is pursuing PhD studies at the University of Latvia, Computer Science faculty, doing his PhD thesis in the field of extended sensors, what is mainly related to the activities the outcomes of ECSEL AUTODRIVE and ECSEL PRYSTINE projects. Additionally, he received “Self-driving car” nanodegree from Udacity. Beside of that Aleksandrs has strong background in engineering and product design, this prior experience he gained when he was working as an engineer in the Latvian Hi-Tech company called Mikrotik during eight years. Technology enthusiast, engineer and researcher – these are three main words that best describes him.
Participation in projects
- Advancing fail-aware, fail-safe, and fail-operational electronic components, systems, and architectures for highly and fully automated driving to make future mobility safer, more efficient, affordable, and end-user acceptable (AUTODRIVE) #H2020
- Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE) #H2020
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
The most important publications
- Ļevinskis, A. Convolutional Neural Network Feature Reduction Using Wavelet Transform. Electronics and Electrical Engineering, 2013, Vol.19, No.3, pp.61-64. e-ISSN 2029-5731. ISSN 1392-1215. Available from: doi:10.5755/j01.eee.19.3.3698
- Jeralovičs, V., Ļevinskis, A. The Analysis of Kalman Filtering Algorithm for Land Vehicle Navigation. In: Proceedings of the 14th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference, Estonia, Tallinn, 6-8 October, 2014. Tallinn: Tallinn University of Technology, 2014, pp.53-56. ISBN 978-9949-23-672-5. ISSN 1736-3705.
- A.Levinskis, "Using virtual environment for autonomous vehicle algorithm validation", 2017 The 10th International Conference on Machine Vision (ICMV 2017), November 13-15, 2017, Vienna, Austria
- Novickis, R., Levinskis, A., Kadiķis, R., Feščenko. V., Ozols, K. (2020). Functional architecture for autonomous driving and its implementation. 17th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC2020), Tallinn, Estonia.