Krisjanis Nesenbergs is a member of EDI Scientific Council and responsible for managing Cyber-physical Systems laboratory. He is a PhD candidate in Computer Science, currently in the final stage of his thesis work on smart wearable systems. His research interests include human-machine interaction, cyber-physical systems, security and privacy, artificial intelligence and information transfer, machine learning, image processing, wearable computing, sensor networks and smart medicine. His industry experience has laid foundation for successful management of research groups and projects as well as succesful participation in research funding . He has more than 20 scientific publications. Additinally he teaches several courses at University of Latvia and manages students’ bachelor thesis work on regular basis. He is passionate about disseminating research results and informing society of research work in general.
- Arrowhead-Tools for Engineering of Digitalisation Solutions (Arrowhead-Tools) #H2020
- Intelligent transport and emergency management platform (iTrEMP) #ESIF
- Support for International Cooperation Projects in Research and Innovation in EDI (EDI SS3) #ESIF
- Deep neural network method for improve the accuracy of tracking and classification of vehicles registration plates (DziNTA) #ESIF
- Health and Social Indicators of Participation in Physical Activities for Children with Disabilities (HIPPAC) #ESIF
- The development and management efficiency improvement of Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI-APE) #ESIF
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Multiple simultaneous measurement data aggregation, correlation analysis and extrapolation in real time: the model development and piloting (TeleMed) #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
- Smart City Technologies for Human Lives Improvements (ViPTeh) #ESIF
- Multifunkcionāla inteliģenta transporta sistēmas punkta tehnoloģija (MITS) #ESIF
- Project Nr.2 “Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective electronic system development” (IMIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Life with COVID-19: Evaluation of overcoming the coronavirus crisis in Latvia and recommendations for societal resilience in the future (VPP COVIDzīve) #SRP (VPP)
- Multidisciplinary approach to monitor, mitigate and contain COVID-19 and prevent other future epidemics in Latvia (VPP COV-MITIGATE) #SRP (VPP)
- Automated wireless security analysis of wearable devices (WearSec) #LCS (LZP)
- Sensorial Clothes for Accurate Physical Exercise and Instant Feedback (SCAPE-IF) #ESIF
- Towards an ecologically valid symbiosis of BCI and head-mounted VR displays: focus on collaborative post-stroke neurorehabilitation (ReHaB) #Chist-era / Flag-era
- Judvaitis, J., Mednis, A., Abolins, V., Skadins, A., Lapsa, D., Rava, R., Ivanovs, M. and Nesenbergs, K., 2020. Classification of Actual Sensor Network Deployments in Research Studies from 2013 to 2017. Data 2020, 5(4), p.93., https://doi.org/10.3390/data5040093
- Skadins, A., Rava, R., Ivanovs, M., Nesenbergs, K. (2020). Edge pre-processing of traffic surveillance video for bandwidth and privacy optimization in smart cities. 17th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC2020) Tallin, Estonia.
- Use of Augmented and Virtual Reality in Remote Higher Education: A Systematic Umbrella Review, 2021 by Krisjanis Nesenbergs, Valters Abolins, Juris Ormanis and Artis Mednis
- K. Nesenbergs (2019). Equilateral Monogonal Tessellation of Arbitrary Polygons-a Recursive Algorithm. Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences 13, 51-64
- R. Rava, M. Ivanovs, A. Skadiņš, K. Nesenbergs "World Coordinate Virtual Traffic Cameras: Edge-Based Transformation and Merging of Multiple Surveillance Video Sources", 2020 7th International Conference on Soft Computing & Machine Intelligence (ISCMI), (pp. 233-236). IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/ISCMI51676.2020.9311597
- Abolins, V., Nesenbergs, K., & Bernans, E, (2019). Reliability of Loading Rate in Gait Analysis. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 575 012002.
- Judvaitis, J., Nesenbergs, K., Balass, R. and Greitans, M., 2019. Challenges of DevOps ready IoT Testbed. In MDE4IoT/ModComp@ MoDELS (pp. 3-6).