Valters Abolins has been working at the Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI) since 2017. He graduated from the University of Latvia, where he obtained a master’s degree in computer science. He is currently studying at the Latvian Academy of Sports Education, a doctoral program in sports science. Valters’ research interests include cyber-physical systems, signal processing, motor control, and human motion analysis.
Participation in projects
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Life with COVID-19: Evaluation of overcoming the coronavirus crisis in Latvia and recommendations for societal resilience in the future (VPP COVIDzīve) #SRP (VPP)
- Body-Coupled Communication for Body Area Networks (BCC) #SRP (VPP)
The most important publications
- Arents, Janis, Valters Abolins, Janis Judvaitis, Oskars Vismanis, Aly Oraby, and Kaspars Ozols. 2021. "Human–Robot Collaboration Trends and Safety Aspects: A Systematic Review" Journal of Sensor and Actuator Networks 10, no. 3: 48. https://doi.org/10.3390/jsan10030048
- Abolins, V., Nesenbergs, K., & Bernans, E, (2019). Reliability of Loading Rate in Gait Analysis. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 575 012002.
- Abolins, V., Bernans, E., & Lanka, J. (2018). Differences in vertical ground reaction forces during first attempt of barefoot running in habitual shod runners. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 18(4), 2308-2313.
- V. Abolins, K. Nesenbers, E. Bernans. “On improving gait analysis data: heel induced force plate noise removal and cut-off frequency selection for Butterworth filter”, ICSPS 2017
- Judvaitis, J., Mednis, A., Abolins, V., Skadins, A., Lapsa, D., Rava, R., Ivanovs, M. and Nesenbergs, K., 2020. Classification of Actual Sensor Network Deployments in Research Studies from 2013 to 2017. Data 2020, 5(4), p.93., https://doi.org/10.3390/data5040093
- Abolins, V., Cuadra, C., Ricotta, J., Latash, M. L. (2020). What do people match when they try to match force? Analysis at the level of hypothetical control variables. Experimental Brain Research, 238(3), 1-17. doi: 10.1007/s00221-020-05850-7
- Abolins, V., Stremoukhov, A., Walter, C., Latash, M.L. (2020). On the origin of finger enslaving: Control with referent coordinates and effects of visual feedback. Journal of Neurophysiology.
- Use of Augmented and Virtual Reality in Remote Higher Education: A Systematic Umbrella Review, 2021 by Krisjanis Nesenbergs, Valters Abolins, Juris Ormanis and Artis Mednis
- Abolins, V., & Latash, M. L. (2021). The Nature of Finger Enslaving: New Results and Their Implications. Motor Control, 25(4), 680-703.