Dr Atis Elsts is a senior researcher at the Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI). He has authored and co-authored more than 50 scientific publications. Atis has postdoctoral research experience in Uppsala University (Sweden), RISE SICS (Sweden), and University of Bristol (UK), where he was a core member in the SPHERE Interdisciplinary Research Collaboration and a member of the Digital Health Engineering group. Atis is also a contributor and a maintainer of the Contiki-NG operating system for IoT. He is a correspondent member of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, a member of Latvia Young Scientists Association, and a member of IEEE.
Since May 2021 Atis also serves as the head of the EDI Scientific Council.
- Internet of Things systems and protocols
- Internet of Things applications in healthcare and other fields
- Software for networked embedded systems
Personal academic website: http://atiselsts.info/
- Energy-efficient health and behavior monitoring with wearable devices and the Internet of Things (FEATURE) #ESIF
- Automated hand washing quality control and hand washing quality evaluation system with real-time feedback (Handwash) #LCS (LZP)
- Body-Coupled Communication for Body Area Networks (BCC) #LCS (LZP)
- Technology for high-precision time-amplitude analysis of event flow (TIME-AMP) #LCS (LZP)
- ACKCIO contract research project #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
- Physics Informed Machine Learning-Based Prediction and Reversion of Impaired Fasting Glucose Management (PRAESIIDIUM) #Horizon Europe
- Atis Elsts. Demo: Large Scale Wireless Network Simulations with TSCH-Sim. EWSN '21: Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks. February 2021 Pages 181–182
- Lulla M., Rutkovskis A., Slavinska A., Vilde A., Gromova A., Ivanovs M., Skadins A., Kadikis R., Elsts A. Hand-Washing Video Dataset Annotated According to the World Health Organization’s Hand-Washing Guidelines. Data. 2021; 6(4):38. https://doi.org/10.3390/data6040038
- Ormanis, J., Elsts, A. (2020). Towards Body Coupled Communication for eHealth: Experimental Study of Human Body Frequency Response Institute of Electronics and Computer Science. IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops. doi: 10.1109/ICCWorkshops49005.2020.9145205
- Elsts, A., Twomey, N., McConville, R., Craddock, I. (2020). Energy-efficient activity recognition framework using wearable accelerometers. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 168, 102770. doi: 10.1016/j.jnca.2020.102770
- Elsts, A., Kim, S., Kim, H.S., Kim, C. (2020). An empirical survey of autonomous scheduling methods for TSCH. IEEE Access, 8, 67147-67165. doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2020.2980119
- Zalewski, P., Marchegiani, L., Elsts, A., Piechocki, R., Craddock, I. Fafoutis, X. (2020). From bits of data to bits of knowledge—an on-board classification framework for wearable sensing systems. Sensors, 20(6), 1655. doi: 10.3390/s20061655
- Elsts, A., Fafoutis, X., Oikonomou, G., Piechocki, R. Craddock, I. (2020). TSCH Networks for Health IoT: Design, Evaluation, and Trials in the Wild. ACM Transactions on Internet of Things, 1(2), 1-27. doi: 10.1145/3366617
- Vafeas, A.T., Fafoutis, X., Elsts, A., Craddock, I.J., Biswas, M.I., Piechocki, R.J. Oikonomou, G. (2020). Wearable Devices for Digital Health: The SPHERE Wearable 3. Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN): On-Body Sensor Networks (OBSN 2020)
- Elsts, A. (2020). TSCH-Sim: Scaling Up Simulations of TSCH and 6TiSCH Networks. Sensors, 20 (5663). doi: 10.3390/s20195663
- Niklāvs Barkovskis, Kaspars Ozols, Atis Elsts. "Survey of Low-Power Wireless Network Technologies for the Internet of Things" Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Volume 55, Issue 2, Pages 177 - 194, March 2021. DOI: 10.3103/S0146411621020024
- Atis Elsts, Maksims Ivanovs, Roberts Kadikis, Olegs Sabelnikovs. CNN for Hand Washing Movement Classification: What Matters More-the Approach or the Dataset?
- Ormanis, J., Medvedevs, V., Abolins, V., Gaigals, G. and Elsts, A., 2022, May. Signal Loss in Body Coupled Communication: Guide for Accurate Measurements. In 2022 Workshop on Benchmarking Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of Things (CPS-IoTBench) (pp. 22-27). IEEE.
- George Oikonomou, Simon Duquennoy, Atis Elsts, Joakim Eriksson, Yasuyuki Tanaka, Nicolas Tsiftes. The Contiki-NG open source operating system for next generation IoT devices
- Didzis Lapsa, Rims Janeliukštis, Atis Elsts. Electrode Comparison for Heart Rate Detection via Bioimpedance Measurements