Juris Ormanis is researcher of Electronics and Computer Science. Juris has been working in EDI since year 2016. Graduated Transport and Telecommunication Institute (Riga, Latvia) where in year 2019 got academic degree Master of Engineering Sciences in Electrical Engineering and Electronics and diploma for excellent thesis defence. Currently is studying in Latvian University, computer science doctors degree program. Main research area is Body Area Networks (BAN) . Main competences involve areas such as: electronics design; power supply design; sensor systems; inertial sensor system development; inertial sensor data processing; digital signal processing; automation; cyber-physical systems; digital interfaces. Knowledgeable in multiple software development languages: Embedded C, Python, Assembler, Matlab, Ladder logic. Additinally he teaches several courses at Transport and Telecommunication Institute.
Participation in projects
- Frictionless Energy Efficient Convergent Wearables For Healthcare and Lifestyle Applications (CONVERGENCE) #Chist-era / Flag-era
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Pētījums par datorredzes paņēmienu attīstību industrijas procesu norises automatizācijai (DIPA) #ESIF
- Advancing fail-aware, fail-safe, and fail-operational electronic components, systems, and architectures for highly and fully automated driving to make future mobility safer, more efficient, affordable, and end-user acceptable (AUTODRIVE) #H2020
- Life with COVID-19: Evaluation of overcoming the coronavirus crisis in Latvia and recommendations for societal resilience in the future (VPP COVIDzīve) #SRP (VPP)
- Body-Coupled Communication for Body Area Networks (BCC) #SRP (VPP)
The most important publications
- J. Ormanis, K. Nesenbergs. “Human skin as data transmission medium for improved privacy and usability in wearable electronics”, In Medical Measurements and Applications (MeMeA), 2018 IEEE International Symposium on, pages 1–6. IEEE.
- Ivars Drikis, Ingars Ribners, Juris Ormanis, Krisjanis Nesenbergs. Scalable in-door positioning system for cooperative Micro Intelligent Vehicle algorithm development. Published in 16th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC) 2018. DOI: 10.1109/BEC.2018.8600950
- Bluetooth Low Energy Throughput in Densely Deployed Radio Environment
- Ormanis, J., Elsts, A. (2020). Towards Body Coupled Communication for eHealth: Experimental Study of Human Body Frequency Response Institute of Electronics and Computer Science. IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops. doi: 10.1109/ICCWorkshops49005.2020.9145205
- Use of Augmented and Virtual Reality in Remote Higher Education: A Systematic Umbrella Review, 2021 by Krisjanis Nesenbergs, Valters Abolins, Juris Ormanis and Artis Mednis