K.Sudars has been working at the EDI since 2006. He has received PhD in Computer Science from University of Latvia, Faculty of Computing and he is co-author of 19 SCOPUS scientific publications focusing on R&D in signal processing, deep learning and computer vision. Currently his scientific interests are covering explainable AI, semantic image segmentation and object detection in images. Also K.Sudars is co-founder at start-up company WeedBot dedicated to AI based weeding for delicate crops.
Scopus Author ID 24512667900
Participation in projects
- Automotive Intelligence for/at Connected Shared Mobility (AI4CSM) #H2020
- Artifical intelligence for more precise diagnostics (AI4DIAG) #ESIF
- Development of a robotic weed management equipment (RONIN) #ESIF
- Pētījums par datorredzes paņēmienu attīstību industrijas procesu norises automatizācijai (DIPA) #ESIF
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (VPP SOPHIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (GUDPILS) #SRP (VPP)
- Smart non-contact phenotyping of raspberries and quinces using machine learning methods, hyperspectral and 3D images (AKFen) #SRP (VPP)
- Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE) #H2020
The most important publications
- Sudars, K., Jasko, J., Namatevs I., Ozola L., Badaukis, N. (2020). Dataset of annotated food crops and weed images for robotic computer vision control, Data in Brief, 31. doi:10.1016/j.dib.2020.105833
- Namatevs, I., Sudars, K., Polaka, I., Automatic data labeling by neural networks for the counting of objects in videos, Procedia Computer Science, Vol.149, pp. 151-158, 2019
- SUDARS, K., 2017. Face Recognition Face2vec Based on Deep Learning: Small Database Case, Automatic Control and Computer Science. Vol.51, No.1.
- I.Bilinskis, E.Boole, K.Sudars, Combination of Periodic and Alias-free Non-uniform Signal Sampling for Wideband Signal Digitizing and Compressed Transmitting Based on Picosecond Resolution Event Timing, Proceeding of Signal Processing Symposium 2017
- SUDARS K, BILINSKIS I, BOOLE E. 2016. Discrete Fourier Transform of the signals recovered by using high-performance Event Timers", Proc. of BEC2016, the 15th Biennial Conference on Electronics and Embedded Systems. Tallinn, Estonia, October 3-5, 2016. pp.
- J. Judvaitis, I. Homjakovs, R. Cacurs, K. Nesenbergs, A. Hermanis, K. Sudars, Object transparent vision combining multiple images from different views, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Volume 49, Issue 5, pp. 313-320, 2015 doi: DOIhttps://doi.org/10.3103/S0146411615050053
- J. Judvaitis, I. Homjakovs, R. Cacurs, K. Nesenbergs, A. Hermanis, K. Sudars, 2015. Improving object transparent vision using enhanced image selection, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Vol. 49, Nr. 6, 2015, pp
- SUDARS, K., CACURS, R., HOMJAKOVS, I., JUDVAITIS, J., 2015. LEDs based video camera pose estimation, Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences, Technical Sciences, Col. 64 No 4 2015, pp 897-905. Impact factor: 0.91.