Rihards Balass is a researcher in Institute of electronics and computer science (EDI). Started working from 2013, and before that was an intern.
Graduated University of Latvia faculty of computing taking the direction of computer engineering.
Have been involved in multiple research projects that involve internet of things and wireless sensor networks. Main role in projects is hardware development.
Main interests include wireless sensor networks, internet of things, PCB development, 2D and 3D model creation and animation and artificial intelligence.
Participation in projects
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Deep neural network method for improve the accuracy of tracking and classification of vehicles registration plates (DziNTA) #ESIF
- Trustworthy and Smart Actuation in IoT systems (ENACT) #H2020
- Health and Social Indicators of Participation in Physical Activities for Children with Disabilities (HIPPAC) #H2020
- Mazcenas boluss spurekļa parametru monitoringam un agrīnai subakūtas spurekļa acidozes (SARA) diagnostikai govīm #H2020
- Pētījums par datorredzes paņēmienu attīstību industrijas procesu norises automatizācijai (DIPA) #ESIF
- Arrowhead-Tools for Engineering of Digitalisation Solutions (Arrowhead-Tools) #H2020
- Intelligent transport and emergency management platform (iTrEMP) #ESIF
- Multiple simultaneous measurement data aggregation, correlation analysis and extrapolation in real time: the model development and piloting (TeleMed) #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
The most important publications
- Didzis Lapsa, Rihards Balass, Janis Judvaitis, Krisjanis Nesenbergs. Measurement of current consumption in a wireless sensor network TestBed. Published in: 2017 25th Telecommunication Forum (TELFOR)
- A. Salmins, J. Judvaitis, R. Balass and K. Nesenbergs. “Mobile wireless sensor network TestBed”. TELFOR, 2017
- A. Elsts, R. Balass, J. Judvaitis and L. Selavo, “SAD: Wireless Sensor Network System for Microclimate Monitoring in Precision Agriculture,” in Proceedings of the 5-th international scientific conference Applied information and communication technologies (AICT 2012), Jelgava, Latvia, April 26-27, ISBN 978-9984-48-065-7, pp. 271-281, 2012
- SELAVO, L., DRIKIS, I., MEDNIS, A., BALASS, R., 2015. DiStAL: Digitally Steerable Antennas for Localization, Technical report, Microsoft Indoor Localization Competition, 2015. (cits)