Armands Ancāns is a researcher of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI). Armands has been working in EDI since year 2015. Graduated Technical University (Riga, Latvia) Electronic engineering master’s study program in year 2016. Currently is studying in Riga Technical university electronics doctors degree program. The main research interest is wearable sensors for body area networks with applications in human-computer interaction, fitness, medicine and sports. Experience in wearable bio-electric sensor and inertial sensor node development including electrical design and testing, embedded programming, electronic component embodiment into clothing and wearable accessories, digital signal processing and analysis.
Participation in projects
- 3D shape sensing fabric (3D FABRIC) #ESIF
- Frictionless Energy Efficient Convergent Wearables For Healthcare and Lifestyle Applications (CONVERGENCE) #Chist-era / Flag-era
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Arrowhead-Tools for Engineering of Digitalisation Solutions (Arrowhead-Tools) #H2020
The most important publications
- A. Ancans, A. Rozentals, K. Nesenbergs, M. Greitans. “Inertial sensors and muscle electrical signals in human-computer interaction”, 6th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology and Accessibility ICTA 2017
- HERMANIS, A., GREITANE, A., GEIDĀNE, S., ANCĀNS, A., CACURS, R., GREITĀNS, M., 2015. Wearable Head and Back Posture Feedback System For Children With Cerebral Palsy, Abstract: Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine (ISSN 1650-1977).
- Bluetooth Low Energy Throughput in Densely Deployed Radio Environment