Researcher Gatis Supols has been working in EDI since 2006 after graduating Riga Technical University (Riga, Latvia) and obtaining a Mg.sc.ing degree in electronics. In 2017. finished doctoral studies in electronics at Riga Technical University and is currently working on his doctoral thesis „Clocked comparator based ultra-wideband short-range impulse radar technology”.
Has been involved in various projects related to research and development of competitive virtual instruments, effective electronic systems, smart sensors and networked embedded systems, high sensitivity ultrawideband radars.
Interests: Analog and RF circuit design; UWB pulse radar systems: Ground penetrating radar (GPR), Wall penetrating radar (WPR) and through wall imaging (TWI) systems.
Co-author of 6 scientific publications and 3 patents.
- Ultra-wideband impulse radar Sensor (UPIRS) #ESIF
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (GUDPILS) #SRP (VPP)
- Technology for development of nanopulse cyber-physical system for ground subsurface noninvasive inspection. (NanoKS) #ESIF
- Project Nr.2 “Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective electronic system development” (IMIS) #SRP (VPP)
- High sensitivity superwideband radar technology (LoTe) #ESIF
- R&D Center for Smart Sensors and Networked Embedded Systems (VieSenTIS) #ESIF
- Contactless ice thickness measurement device (EDI-ICE) part 2 #ESIF
- V.Aristovs, G.Gaigals, G.Supols, E.Lobanovs, V.Riekstins, V.Zujs. 23 Apr 2021. "Ultra-Wideband Pulse Radar with Discrete Stroboscopic Receiver for Detection of Small Targets Behind Dielectric Obstacles", Transport and Telecommunication Journal, Volume 22, no. 2, pp.196-206, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/ttj-2021-0015