Researcher Gatis Supols has been working in EDI since 2006 after graduating Riga Technical University (Riga, Latvia) and obtaining a Mg.sc.ing degree in electronics. In 2017. finished doctoral studies in electronics at Riga Technical University and is currently working on his doctoral thesis „Clocked comparator based ultra-wideband short-range impulse radar technology”.
Has been involved in various projects related to research and development of competitive virtual instruments, effective electronic systems, smart sensors and networked embedded systems, high sensitivity ultrawideband radars.
Interests: Analog and RF circuit design; UWB pulse radar systems: Ground penetrating radar (GPR), Wall penetrating radar (WPR) and through wall imaging (TWI) systems.
Co-author of 6 scientific publications and 3 patents.
Participation in projects
- Ultra-wideband impulse radar Sensor (UPIRS) #ESIF
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (GUDPILS) #SRP (VPP)
- Technology for development of nanopulse cyber-physical system for ground subsurface noninvasive inspection. (NanoKS) #ESIF
- Project Nr.2 “Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective electronic system development” (IMIS) #SRP (VPP)
- High sensitivity superwideband radar technology (LoTe) #ESIF
- R&D Center for Smart Sensors and Networked Embedded Systems (VieSenTIS) #ESIF
The most important publications
- HERMANIS, E., SHUPOLS, G., SHAVELIS, R., ARISTOV, V., 2015. Signal With Linear Distortions Restoration Experiments for Stroboscopic Comparator-Based Converters, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Vol. 49, No. 6, 2015, pp. 390-394.
- ARISTOV, V., SHAVELIS, R., SHUPOLS, G., and CIRULIS, R. 2015. An Investigation of Non-traditional Approach to Narrowing the GPR Pulses. 25th International Conference “Radioelektronika 2015”. Pardubice, Czech Republic, 21-22
- N. Agafonovs and G. Supols. “Design and evaluation of a stroboscopic signal converter based on discrete transistor clocked comparator”. 2012 13th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC2012) October 3-5, 2012,Tallinn, Estonia. pp. 69-73.
- Modris Greitans, Evalds Hermanis, Gatis Supols. “Analytic Model and Bilateral Approximation for Clocked Comparator”, 7th IEEE International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems - ICSES 2010, Glivice, Polija, 7-10. September 2010.g. pp.185-188.
- A. Severdaks, G. Supols, M. Greitans, L. Selavo. ''Wireless Sensor Network for Distributed Measurement of Electrical Field'' , Electronics and Electrical Engineering. – Kaunas: Technologija, 2011. No. 1(107). pp. 7–10.