European Regional Development Fund Operational Programme “Growth and Employment”. 1.2.1. specific support goal “To increase Investments of Private Sector in R&D” ; measure 220.127.116.11. “Support for Improvement of Technology Transfer System”
Project “Contacless ice thickness measurement device” (EDI-ICE) Nr. KC-PI-2020/40
Agreement with Investment and Development Agency about participating in Technology Transfer measure Nr. KC-L-2017/14
Project goal – Commercialize non-contact ice thickness measurement technology.
Project tasks (broken down into two activities):
- Technology research and development activities:
- Perform (two stage) testing in real conditions during the time when water bodies are covered in natural ice.
- Improve the measurement device by improving both the circuitry and the programming, as well as its ergonomics.
- Develop a specialized application for the user, that would ensure maximum efficiency of the equipment application and return on investment.
- Verify the compliance of device with the EMI norms.
- Commercialization activities:
- Prepare and promote commercialization offers.
- Participate in trade fairs and exhibitions / virtual expos.
- Prepare license / sales agreement and negotiations, FTO search.
Demo site: https://ice.edi.lv/
Reference to the first phase of the project: https://www.edi.lv/en/projects/contactless-ice-thickness-measurement-device-edi-ice/
Total financing of project: up to 250696.21 EUR, included ERDF financing up to 225626.59 EUR.