Dr. Vladimir Aristov is a senior researcher at the Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI). In EDI since 2010. Graduated from the Institute of Civil Aviation Engineers (Riga, Latvia). He took an active part in many international projects, the main focus of which were the underground radars. Author of 26 scientific publications (from 2010 to 2019). Have positive decisions on 5 patents of the Republic of Latvia and one – international. He represented the interests of the institute at a commercial “Reactor” for the introduction of a prototype hypersensitive stroboscopic converter for the task “Remote detection and measurement of human respiration.” He participated in the international exhibition “MINOX” with a demonstration of the layout – a sensor for remote monitoring of human respiration. Research interests: stroboscopic gigahertz converters, nanosecond pulse shapers, ultra-wideband antennas, digital signal processing, subsurface (underground) sounding radars, sensors for detecting and tracking the movement of small objects.
Participation in projects
- Project Nr.2 “Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective electronic system development” (IMIS) #SRP (VPP)
- High sensitivity superwideband radar technology (LoTe) #ESIF
- Technology for development of nanopulse cyber-physical system for ground subsurface noninvasive inspection. (NanoKS) #ESIF
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (GUDPILS) #SRP (VPP)
- Automated railway level crossing control system (PAKS) #ESIF
- Automated railway level crossing control system (PAKS) part 2 #ESIF
The most important publications
- V.Aristovs, G.Gaigals, G.Supols, E.Lobanovs, V.Riekstins, V.Zujs. 23 Apr 2021. "Ultra-Wideband Pulse Radar with Discrete Stroboscopic Receiver for Detection of Small Targets Behind Dielectric Obstacles", Transport and Telecommunication Journal, Volume 22, no. 2, pp.196-206, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2478/ttj-2021-0015
- ARISTOV, V., KRUMINSH, K., PLOTSINSH, V., 2014. Assay of concurrent use of correlation and principal component analysis for tasks of UWB radar. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 48(5), pp. 296-302.
- HERMANIS, E., SHUPOLS, G., SHAVELIS, R., ARISTOV, V., 2015. Signal With Linear Distortions Restoration Experiments for Stroboscopic Comparator-Based Converters, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Vol. 49, No. 6, 2015, pp. 390-394.
- GREITANS, M., HERMANIS E., ARISTOVS V., E. 2014. Research an Indirect Method of Calculating Complex Antenna Impedance. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 375–380.
- ARISTOV, V. 2016. Optimization of the transmitter pulse duration by the criterion of the radiation spectrum maximization at a given frequency. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences. 50(4), 220-225.
- V. Aristov, "Distance localization of the moving object by applying the karhunen–loeve transform to ultra-wideband impulse signals". ISSN 0146-4116, Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2017, Vol. 51, No. 5, pp. 294–300. © Allerton Press, Inc., 2017.
- V. Aristov. T.Laimina “ The Use Of The Karhunen Loeve Transformation To Form The Speech Data For Their Subsequent Wiring To Sound By Probing Sound Source By An Ultra-Wideband Pulse Locator” , Žurnāls Austria-science, № 17/ 2018, pp.22-28. The possibility of applying the first principal component of the Karunen-Loeve transformation is developed to form the speech data for their subsequent wiring to sound when a sound source (speaking person) is probed with an ultrawideband pulse locator.
- V. Aristov. Mathematical Description of the Operation of a Step-Recovery-Diode-Based Pulse Generator Circuit. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2018, No. 6. The paper describes the operation of a classic step-recovery-diode-based pulse generator circuit using differential equations. The circuit has parasitic inductances and capacitors for both circuit elements and the diode in addition to standard discrete elements necessary for pumping the diode and generating a sharp edge. The results are compared with experimental data.
- Karhunen-Loeve transform as a tool to eliminate signal’s redundancy, when small targets detection
- Pulse locator and principal component method as means of analysis respiration’s parameters
- Retrieval information from the UWB pulse signal using the Karhunen Loeve transform
- V. Aristov. Influence of Nonlinearity of Fast Sawtooth Voltage on Stroboscopic Transformation of Signals in Receivers of Sensors Locators. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 2019, Vol.53, No. 4, pp. 291-297.
- В. Аристов. Влияние нелинейности быстрого пилообразного напряжения на стробоскопическое преобразование сигналов в приёмниках сенсоров - локаторов. Рига, Автоматика и вычислительная техника. 2019 (4), стр. 45-53.
- Aristov, V. (2020). Research of Indirect Method of Measuring the Pulse Generator Output Resistance by the Step Recovery Diode. 2020 24th International Conference Electronics. doi: 10.1109/IEEECONF49502.2020.9141617
- Aristov, V. (2020) Mathematical Analysis of the Nanosecond Pulse Generator on Two SRD Diodes Used in UWB Radars. Automatic Control and Computer Sciences, 54(3), 271-278. doi: 10.3103/S0146411620030013
- LR patents Nr. 14767 “Simetriskas ultra-platjoslas (UWB) antenas triecienierosmes impulsa formētājs”
- LR patents Nr. 14622 “Zigzag antena, kas konstruktīvi ir sajūgta ar koaksiālo kabeli”
- LR patents Nr. 14280 “Pikosekunžu impulsu formētājs ar IMPATT diodi”
- Patent No. EP2695297 (B1) “Ultra-wideband sharpener for excitation a symmeric antenna”
- LR patent Nr. 15529 A "ANTENNA SYSTEM FOR UNDERGROUND RADAR WITH LOCATION OF THE ANTENNAS OPPOSITE EACH OTHER"