Work in science is a privilege; moreover, electronics is among the most important industries worldwide. The main objective of our research group is to create novel computing approaches, thus ensuring a sustainable advancement of our society. We are generally concerned with innovative digital circuits, novel sensor design, image processing and heterogeneous system-on-chip technology. I am looking toward our discussions on our shared future. See you!
Appreciation for one of the most important achievements in Latvian science in 2018 for “Original approach for neural network architecture implementation in field programmable gate arrays”
- Automotive Intelligence for/at Connected Shared Mobility (AI4CSM) #H2020
- Silicon IP Design House (SilHouse) part 2 #H2020
- Framework of key enabling technologies for safe and autonomous drones applications (COMP4DRONES) #H2020
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (VPP SOPHIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Integrated Components for Complexity Control in Affordable Electrified Cars (3Ccar) #H2020
- Real time stereo-vision depth sensing sensor (STRIVE) #ESIF
- Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE) #H2020
- Intelligent Motion Control Platform for Smart Mechatronic Systems (I-MECH) #H2020
- Advanced packaging for photonics, optics and electronics for low cost manufacturing in Europe (APPLAUSE) #H2020
- Vision, Identification, with Z-sensing Technology and key Applications (VIZTA) #H2020
- Go IT! #H2020
- Norbert Druml; Anna Ryabokon; Rupert Schorn; Jochen Koszescha; Kaspars Ozols; Aleksandrs Levinskis; Rihards Novickis; "Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE): Final results after Year 3"; 2021 24th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD); 1-3 Sept. 2021; DOI: 10.1109/DSD53832.2021.00049
- Martin Dendaluce Jahnke, Francesco Cosco, Rihards Novickis, Joshué Pérez Rastelli, Vicente Gomez-Garay "Efficient Neural Network Implementations on Parallel Embedded Platforms applied to Real-Time Torque-Vectoring Optimization using Predictions for Multi-Motor Electric Vehicles", Electronics (ISSN 2079-9292)
- Vlastimil Šetka, Ondřej Ježek, Rihards Novickis. Modular Signal Processing Unit for Motion Control Applications Based on System-on-Chip with FPGA. Published in: 2019 24th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA).
- Novickis, R., Levinskis, A., Kadiķis, R., Feščenko. V., Ozols, K. (2020). Functional architecture for autonomous driving and its implementation. 17th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC2020), Tallinn, Estonia.
- Justs, D., Novickis, R., Ozols, K., Greitāns M. (2020). Bird's-eye view image acquisition from simulated scenes using geometric inverse perspective mapping. 17th Biennial Baltic Electronics Conference (BEC2020), Tallinn, Estonia.
- R.Novickis, D.J. Justs, K.Ozols and M.Greitāns "An Approach of Feed-Forward Neural Network Throughput-Optimized Implementation in FPGA", Electronics journal: Special Issue Advanced AI Hardware Designs Based on FPGAs, 2020
- Druml, N., Debaillie, B., Anghel, A., Ristea, N. C. (2020). Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE): Technical Progress after Year 2, 2020 23rd Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design (DSD). doi: 10.1109/DSD51259.2020.00065
- Rihards Novickis, Aleksandrs Levinskis, Vitalijs Fescenko, Roberts Kadikis, Kaspars Ozols, Anna Ryabokon, Rupert Schorn, Jochen Koszescha, Selim Solmaz, Georg Stettinger, Akwasi Adu-Kyere, Lauri Halla-aho, Ethiopia Nigussie, Jouni Isoaho. "Development and Experimental Validation of High Performance Embedded Intelligence and Fail-Operational Urban Surround Perception Solutions of the PRYSTINE Project", Appl. Sci. 2022, 12(1), 168;