I believe that electronics is one of the most fascinating fields to be currently involved in. I consider it a privilege to work with System-on-Chip technology and to be involved into wide range of technical experiences, ranging from RTL design for different image processing challenges and embedded Linux kernel development to design of system architectures and team technical management.
Appreciation for one of the most important achievements in Latvian science in 2018 for “Original approach for neural network architecture implementation in field programmable gate arrays”
Participation in projects
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (VPP SOPHIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Integrated Components for Complexity Control in Affordable Electrified Cars (3Ccar) #H2020
- Real time stereo-vision depth sensing sensor (STRIVE) #ESIF
- Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE) #H2020
- Intelligent Motion Control Platform for Smart Mechatronic Systems (I-MECH) #H2020
- Advanced packaging for photonics, optics and electronics for low cost manufacturing in Europe (APPLAUSE) #H2020
- Vision, Identification, with Z-sensing Technology and key Applications (VIZTA) #H2020
- Framework of key enabling technologies for safe and autonomous drones applications (COMP4DRONES) #H2020
The most important publications
- R. Novickis, M. Greitāns, "FPGA Master based on chip communications architecture for Cyclone V SoC running Linux", IEEE-2018 International Conference on Control, Decision and Information Technologies (CoDIT), Thessaloniki, Greeze 2018
- Martin Dendaluce Jahnke, Francesco Cosco, Rihards Novickis, Joshué Pérez Rastelli, Vicente Gomez-Garay "Efficient Neural Network Implementations on Parallel Embedded Platforms applied to Real-Time Torque-Vectoring Optimization using Predictions for Multi-Motor Electric Vehicles", Electronics (ISSN 2079-9292)
- Vlastimil Šetka, Ondřej Ježek, Rihards Novickis. Modular Signal Processing Unit for Motion Control Applications Based on System-on-Chip with FPGA. Published in: 2019 24th IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA).