“Cyber-Physical Systems” laboratory at EDI is exploring the research questions for systems that sense, analyze, decide and interact with the real, physical world.
The group conducts research and development in the fields of wireless sensor netwoorks, prototyping, profiling and testing of embedded systems, design and usability of operating systems for such systems and intelligent transportanion systems. Considerable emphasis is on interdisciplinary research topics that enable a new view to the world and a positive impact.
Here are a representative sample of the projects at the lab: EDIMote – a modular prototyping, profiling and testing tool for embedded systems; MansOS – a unix-like operating system for wireless sensor networks; WSN system for precision agriculture; participation in the Grand Cooperative Driving Challenge (GCDC); and a sensor system for scoliosis treatement.
The lab includes researchers with doctoral and master’s degrees as wellas graduate and undergraduate students. Should you be interested in collaboration, please contact us.
- A large range wireless sensor network energy efficient operating system creation in real-time uses (FarmOS) #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
- Arrowhead-Tools for Engineering of Digitalisation Solutions (Arrowhead-Tools) #H2020
- Intelligent transport and emergency management platform (iTrEMP) #ESIF
- Deep neural network method for improve the accuracy of tracking and classification of vehicles registration plates (DziNTA) #ESIF
- Health and Social Indicators of Participation in Physical Activities for Children with Disabilities (HIPPAC) #ESIF
- The development and management efficiency improvement of Institute of Electronics and Computer Science (EDI-APE) #ESIF
- Development of technologies for cyber physical systems with applications in medicine and smart transport (KiFiS) #SRP (VPP)
- Cyber-physical systems, ontologies and biophotonics for safe&smart city and society (VPP SOPHIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Multiple simultaneous measurement data aggregation, correlation analysis and extrapolation in real time: the model development and piloting (TeleMed) #Contract research (Līgumpētījumi)
- Smart City Technologies for Human Lives Improvements (ViPTeh) #ESIF
- Multifunkcionāla inteliģenta transporta sistēmas punkta tehnoloģija (MITS) #ESIF
- Project Nr.2 “Innovative signal processing technologies for smart and effective electronic system development” (IMIS) #SRP (VPP)
- Trustworthy and Smart Actuation in IoT systems (ENACT) #H2020
- Mazcenas boluss spurekļa parametru monitoringam un agrīnai subakūtas spurekļa acidozes (SARA) diagnostikai govīm #H2020
- Pētījums par datorredzes paņēmienu attīstību industrijas procesu norises automatizācijai (DIPA) #ESIF
- Digital Technologies, Advanced Robotics and increased Cyber-security for Agile Production in Future European Manufacturing Ecosystems (TRINITY) #H2020
- Advancing fail-aware, fail-safe, and fail-operational electronic components, systems, and architectures for highly and fully automated driving to make future mobility safer, more efficient, affordable, and end-user acceptable (AUTODRIVE) #H2020
- Programmable Systems for Intelligence in Automobiles (PRYSTINE) #H2020
- Frictionless Energy Efficient Convergent Wearables For Healthcare and Lifestyle Applications (CONVERGENCE) #Chist-era / Flag-era
- Energy-efficient health and behavior monitoring with wearable devices and the Internet of Things (FEATURE) #ESIF
- Intelligent Motion Control Platform for Smart Mechatronic Systems (I-MECH) #H2020
- Automated wireless security analysis of wearable devices (WearSec) #LCS (LZP)
- Abolins, V., Nesenbergs, K., & Bernans, E, (2019). Reliability of Loading Rate in Gait Analysis. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 575 012002.
- K. Nesenbergs (2019). Equilateral Monogonal Tessellation of Arbitrary Polygons-a Recursive Algorithm. Malaysian Journal of Mathematical Sciences 13, 51-64
- R. Rava, M. Ivanovs, A. Skadiņš, K. Nesenbergs "World Coordinate Virtual Traffic Cameras: Edge-Based Transformation and Merging of Multiple Surveillance Video Sources", 2020 7th International Conference on Soft Computing & Machine Intelligence (ISCMI), (pp. 233-236). IEEE. DOI: 10.1109/ISCMI51676.2020.9311597
- Judvaitis, J., Nesenbergs, K., Balass, R. and Greitans, M., 2019. Challenges of DevOps ready IoT Testbed. In MDE4IoT/ModComp@ MoDELS (pp. 3-6).